Hi all! How good is post-lockdown tennis!!
If you’d like to book a court, please click here.
If you’re interested in joining one of our social sessions, check out below the various sessions available and get in touch with the organiser of the session that sounds most like you.
The cornerstone of the Club is its very popular organised tennis program. The various sessions available are below. Please get in touch with the organiser should any sound like you!
All sessions $5 for members, $10 for non-members. Except Tuesday mornings which is $5 for non-members and free for members.
Monday night mixed competition – 8pm-10.30pm
Our most competitive night, for intermediate to advanced players.
Mixed teams of 3 – each player plays 2 sets, 3 sets total per night.
Played in teams and seasons that align with school terms.
Please contact Vanessa on 0421 905 525 or register your interest here on our online form.
Tuesday mornings with Sonia – 9am-11am
- Social tennis for intermediate, but gentler hitters.
- Please contact Sonia at email@example.com
Tuesday night mixed – 7.30pm-10pm
- For intermediate, but gentler hitters.
- Please contact Begonia at BSilvestre@huntvic.com.au
Wednesday ‘Fast’ Tennis: 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm
- This ‘fast format’ session caters for creative intermediates who play with a free-flowing style and go for winners off both wings.
- Courts start at different times: 5.30 and 6.00 pm.
- Mixed doubles.
- Players must register before attending, and please note there is often a waiting list to play, especially in summer.
- $5 for members, $10 for non-members.
- For any queries and to discuss registration; firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday night mixed competition – 7.30pm – 10pm
- Intermediate hitters.
- Played in teams and seasons that align with school terms.
- Please get in contact at email@example.com if you’re interested to join the wait list.
- Open to ladies dusting off the cobwebs and looking to get back in to it
- Social session where players of like ability are paired for a hit of doubles
- Please contact Marcia on firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday night mixed social doubles – 7pm-late
- A friendly, but competitive night of hitting, this one is for intermediate to advanced players
- Please get in contact (preferably via text) with Daniel on 0478 944 980 for further info
Sunday mornings members session – 9am – 1pm
- Please get in touch with Eric on email@example.com
- Free for members
- $10 for non-members on open days (generally the first Sunday of each month. Keep an eye on the socials)
The Carlton Gardens Tennis Club (CGTC) is one of Melbourne’s oldest and most charming tennis clubs, situated in the Royal Carlton Gardens within walking distance to the CBD. The club has four LED-floodlit artificial-grass courts, under towering elm and oak trees. The heritage clubhouse has been fully renovated with change rooms, kitchen and a BBQ area. The courts are open to the public via the convenient book-a-court system.
The club respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land, the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders past, present and emerging. We’re privileged to play on the lands they have cared for and nurtured over tens of thousands of years.