Woohoo! Tennis at CGTC is back!!
In line with Government guidelines, courts are only available for hire to play singles. The only exception for that being if a doubles match comprises of players all from the same household.
Further, to ensure that we do our bit as a club to keep the curve down and the courts open, we’re asking that all book-a-court players do their bit and:
- Wash your hands thoroughly just before coming to play,
- Wipe down the front gate pin pad with sanitizer after entry,
- Bring your own water bottles and drinks. Please do not use the taps,
- Leave with everything you bring. Ball tins, drink containers, clothes, balls….whatever. If you bring it in, take it away, and
- Leave the courts promptly after your allocated booking time is up.
So, if you’re comfortable only playing singles and taking those five measures, then it’s time to book a court! You can do so right here.
Happy hitting tennis fans. It’s great to have you back!!
Carlton Gardens Tennis Club
The Carlton Gardens Tennis Club (CGTC) is one of Melbourne’s oldest and most charming tennis clubs, situated in the Royal Carlton Gardens within walking distance to the CBD. The club has four LED-floodlit artificial-grass courts, under towering elm and oak trees. The heritage clubhouse has been fully renovated with change rooms, kitchen and a BBQ area. The courts are open to the public via the convenient book-a-court system.
The cornerstone of the Club is its very popular organised tennis program. These social competition sessions are held throughout the week, they cater for all levels of tennis, are open to members and non-members and are a good way to introduce yourself to the Club.
For more about these nights please contact Stu Speirs on 0439 437 691.